I’ve recently started whipping up a batch of these banana oat pancakes on Saturday mornings to enjoy with a morning coffee. They’re so quick and easy to make, and add a special celebratory touch to the start of the weekend.
The oats are a great substitute to flour, but still help keep you full for the rest of the morning. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, fresh fruit, or the classic freshly squeezed lemon and sprinkle of sugar.
Banana oat pancake recipe
1/3 cup rolled oats
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Mash the bananas in a bowl until smooth. Add the eggs and mix until combined.
- In a food processor, blend the oats until they are a flour consistency.
- Add the blended oats to the banana and egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in the vanilla essence, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spoon in the pancake mixture and cook until golden brown on each side.